Vivo Joins Warm Hatch Brigade
Volkswagen of South Africa has added a sporty, two-door GT version to its best-selling Polo Vivo range...
More than 40000 Polo Vivo hatchbacks and sedans have been sold since its launch in March last year.
The Polo Vivo GT is based on the current two-door body version and is fitted with 1.6 77kW Trendline standard features such as ABS, electric windows, radio/CD with four speakers, alarm and central locking with remote and bee-sting antenna.
In addition, the Polo Vivo GT will be distinguished by the following features:
- Lowered, sporty suspension.
- Sports seats with "Rocket", trim.
- Gearshift and handbrake boot with red stitching.
- Three-spoke steering wheel with red stitching and aluminium inserts.
- Fifteen-inch alloy wheels.
- Tailgate spoiler.
- Twin chrome tailpipes.
- GT badges on grille and tailgate.
- Seat belts in red.
- Dashboard panels in gunmetal silver. Polo Vivo GT is powered by the 1.6 77kW engine with 155Nm of torque which is available at 5250rpm. This is mated to a five-speed transmission.
It reaches a top speed at 187km/h and sprints from 0-100km/h in just under 11 seconds. The GT has combined fuel consumption of 6.6 l/100km.
The GT will only be available in four exterior colours - Deep Black, Candy White, Flash Red and Reflex Silver.
Volkswagen Polo Vivo GT
Torque: 155Nm at 5250rpm
0-100km/h: 11 seconds (claimed)
Top speed: 187km/h (claimed)
Fuel consumption: 6.6l/100km (claimed/combined)
Article Source: Times Live